Manager, Platform Engineering
Job Title: Manager, Platform Engineering
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
MixMode is on the vanguard of a new class of patented Artificial Intelligence based Cyber Security technology. As a member of the MixMode platform engineering team, you will work in close participation with AI and UI teams to deliver new features and innovations through code and regular sprint commits. You will also be responsible for the management of individuals reporting to you. This includes coaching, mentoring, removing blocking issues, and supporting them in their professional development to help unlock their full potential and growth.
What you'll be doing (responsibilities):
- Help engineers to drive large, complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch.
- Keep up to date on developments in the technology landscape, and form well thought out opinions as to whether and how MixMode should embrace them.
- Participate in code reviews and documentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to influence product strategy and direction.
- Lead key initiatives to improve the MixMode platform.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that drive velocity, adaptability and revenue.
- Mentor and grow leaders and ICs within your organization. Encourage team members to pursue learning initiatives. Help engineering leadership to develop career pathways for team members.
- Maintain a culture of data driven decisions and actions.
- Develop an on-call strategy with the team and own it’s rotation.
Technical skills you'll need to bring:
- 10+ years of experience at a SaaS company, with experience in managing and developing people.
- Background in back-end engineering, including API design and implementation, database management, and deployment/release experience.
- Able to technically lead a product initiative from design to production. Can participate in system design discussions
- Able to guide scaling a platform across distributed services, bonus points if you’ve worked in high volume data pipelines before.
- Able to learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- Multiple years of Scala, Java or other JVM language.
- Strong competency in database query languages like SQL/NoSQL/ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with a major cloud platform (AWS preferred, GCP, Azure).
- Strong communication skills, good balance of empathy, leading by example, player-coach as needed, influence and drive change.
Behavioral skills you'll need to bring:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal and influencing skills (at all levels internally, externally, and cross-functionally).
- Able to manage sprint deadlines and deal with interrupts as they arise, while constantly working to establish and enable high developer work velocity.
- Strong conflict resolution skills, and ability to create psychological safety and trust among team members
- Self-motivated, accountable, and focused on achieving results.
- Lead by example, aka “Servant Leader.”
- Desire to have fun, form long-lasting relationships, and revolutionize AI based cyber security.
Compensation and benefits are competitive based on industry standards. Benefits for full-time team members include:
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D (option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
MixMode is a no-rules-required Cybersecurity platform, serving large enterprises with big data environments across a variety of industries. MixMode delivers a patented, self-learning platform that acts as the Cybersecurity Intelligence Layer℠ to detect both known and unknown attacks, including novel attacks designed to bypass legacy cyber defenses. This is accomplished in real-time, across any cloud or on-premise data stream. Trusted by global entities in banking, public utilities and government sectors, industry cyber leaders rely on MixMode to protect their most critical assets. The platform dramatically improves the efficiency of SOC teams previously burdened with writing and tuning rules and manually searching for attacks. The MixMode platform can be deployed remotely, with no appliances, in under an hour with business outcomes evident within days. Backed by PSG and Entrada Ventures, the company is headquartered in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Although we do have physical offices, our employees enjoy a remote-first work culture. Learn more at www.mixmode.ai.
Please note: MixMode does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of MixMode.