Sr. Engineer - AI Platform
Job Title: Sr. Engineer - AI Platform
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
Seeking an experienced software engineer who is eager to break into the ML/AI space. The AI team is responsible for building and maintaining MixMode’s AI logic and the infrastructure surrounding the AI. As part of this role you will be responsible for most engineering aspects of the AI: scalability, system design, development environment, and data management. You will work closely with AI researchers to develop forward-looking tools and systems for the AI platform. No prior experience with AI/ML is required, but an eagerness to learn about AI/ML is necessary.
What you’ll be doing (responsibilities):
- Serve as an engineering tech lead for a team of AI/ML researchers.
- Design and implement microservice-based architectures to support MixMode’s AIs in production.
- Design and build local development tools to support smoother, safer, and faster AI research.
- Design interfaces between AI Platform and Data Platform.
- Work closely with AI researchers to develop tooling for faster exploration and experimentation.
- Work closely with product managers to understand customer needs and implement scalable solutions.
What you’ll need to bring (qualifications):
- BS in any field. Advanced degrees in computer science, mathematics, statistics, and natural sciences preferred.
- US citizenship required.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience designing and building microservice-oriented architectures.
- Experience with containerization technologies e.g. Docker.
- Experience coding in Python.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL database technologies and concepts.
- Exposure to general aspects of ML/AI.
Compensation and benefits are competitive based on industry standards. Benefits for full-time team members include:
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D (option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
MixMode is a no-rules-required Cybersecurity platform, serving large enterprises with big data environments across a variety of industries. MixMode delivers a patented, self-learning platform that acts as the Cybersecurity Intelligence Layer℠ to detect both known and unknown attacks, including novel attacks designed to bypass legacy cyber defenses. This is accomplished in real-time, across any cloud or on-premise data stream. Trusted by global entities in banking, public utilities and government sectors, industry cyber leaders rely on MixMode to protect their most critical assets. The platform dramatically improves the efficiency of SOC teams previously burdened with writing and tuning rules and manually searching for attacks. The MixMode platform can be deployed remotely, with no appliances, in under an hour with business outcomes evident within days. Backed by PSG and Entrada Ventures, the company is headquartered in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Although we do have physical offices, our employees enjoy a remote-first work culture. Learn more at www.mixmode.ai.
Please note: MixMode does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of MixMode.